Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Night of the Living!


So me and Anjo went to bed last night after a long day of shopping, washing, general skivvying and cooking a delish dinner of BBQ ribs, baked spud with sour cream, tossed salad with avocado slathered in blue cheese dressing and washed down with a Baily's on the rocks.


Mr. Indi enjoyed his dinner but washed it down with a glass of water. He had spent half the afternoon on the phone trying to chase down his blood test results - which seem to have vanished into thin air - and so was very thirsty.


By 10:00 p.m. everyone is fast asleep and curled up in their blankies with their binkies. Me and Anjo in the big bed - his Lordship in the room next door in his clanking hospital bed.


10:30 - Mr. Indi starts shouting for some assistance. He has had a plumbing problem in the bed which has caused a massive overflow! I dive out of bed and spend 30 mins changing his bum and the bed.


11:30 - Back in bed and I am finally dozing off. Anjo is snoring like an old sow. I stick my elbow in her ribs.


2:45 - Alarm clock goes off - BEEP BEEP BEEP! What the? Anjo has been dusting and has set the alarm. We both dive out of the bed and (without any glasses on) peer at the buttons and dials on the clock and after pushing several buttons - it stops! Heaven!


3:05 BEEP BEEP BEEP - Argggg! It's doing it again! Anjo puts her eyeballs in and finally figures out how to stop the bloody thing.


4:00 Anjo starts clicking! I don't know where the clicking is coming from and I don't want to speculate but I shove her over onto her side and the clicking stops.


4:30 Mr. Indi starts cranking his bed up and down in order to attract my attention - he needs a cup of cha!


5:00 I lie on the couch in the living room and the neighbors dog stars barking! ARGGGGG! Where is the gun?


The End!


The good news is - I went to the docs today and my blood pressure is so good that it is dropping too low! You can't win for losing!


The picture was taken last weekend. Anjo and her BIG birthday balloon for very old women!

3 comments:

Muderma said...

You are truly amazing ! How the **** do you manage to make a sleepless night sound so funny ? I really ought to go to the bathroom BEFORE reading your blog ... but always forget.

Lotsa lurve ...

Anonymous said...

Plug 'er in then she'll hear the alarm first! Worn out just reading your night time adventures.
Keep smiling....as yer do!!
xx

Daria said...

Oh my goodness ... sometimes you just can't win.