Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yippeeeeeee!


Today's picture is red because red is the happiest colour and today is a happy day! I saw Dr. K yesterday and everything is OK. He stuck that awful snake thingy down my sinuses and into my throat and said, "WOW - your vocal chords look marvelous - there is NO sign of the tumor." I could have kissed him - smooch smooch xxxxxx.


I have to go back again in October and will keep going back every couple of months for the duration - although Dr. K is cautiously optimistic that the radiation has killed that horrible thing. As far as the pain etc. that I've been having - he reminded me that the after effects of radiation can last up to one year or more. So - the message was - Shut Up and Be Happy!


Yesterday was a happy day for Mr. Indi, too. It was the first day since chemo that he has been able to taste his food and therefore he wanted to go out to a nice lunch. We went to a local quasi-Italian come California cuisine joint and I have to say I was not impressed - but his Lordship had a nice roast beef sarnie with cheese and Ortega chillies and he enjoyed it. He also enjoyed his pint of Samuel Adams Summer Ale.


After lunch, his Lordship insisted that I celebrate my good fortune by spending some money. I was happy to oblige and got a new outfit to wear on our trip this weekend. So - if you are in Temecula on Saturday and see an old lady wearing pink checkered Capri pants with a shocking pink shirt, please don't stare!


Today's beautiful red (OK it's more pinkish) flower is on a gorgeous tree at the Quail Botanical Gardens.



1 comment:

Muderma said...

IPA it's indeed a YIPPEEEEEE day for you and him !

I'm so pleased. Whatever you might think ... prayers are being answered !!

XXXXXX Granny W.