Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Golfing We Will Go! Not!


We got down to Temecula just in time to go to lunch at the Temecula Creek Inn - a very nice resort hotel with a beautiful golf course. We had a lovely meal. I had herb crusted salmon with garlic mash - yummy. He had chicken chilli relleno crepes with black beans and lots of cilantro. He quite enjoyed it. He also enjoyed the Sierra Nevada Summer Brew. A nice light ale.


After lunch, it was still too early to check into our hotel so we forced ourselves to sit in the bar overlooking the 18th. hole and sample some more of that Sierra Nevada beer - checking for the quality of the brew, of course! I don't know how people manage to get around the course in 100F degree heat - I expect they are in love with the game - but, as we sat there, diligently taste testing our drinks, several golfers stumbled in, gasping for something cold to drink. They didn't order water! And I'm amazed that gin and tonic can sate your thirst!


We checked into our room - ordinary motel type of room - and Mr. Indi laid down for a rest. I sat by the side of the pool and dangled my poor old hot feet into the water. Heaven! I suppose I should get a bathing suit one of these days so that I can dunk my whole body in the water. However, I don't want to take the chance of frightening small children or dogs.


After a couple of hours of lazing about it was time to think about more food and drink. Off we went to explore the bright lights of downtown Temecula. I jest. Downtown Temecula has one main street and you can walk up and down both sides in about a half an hour. Still, it is very quaint and has several eateries to chose from. We opted for Penfold's. We have eaten there before and it is very good. We started with Brie en Croute with an apricot chutney and if I had died following that, I would have died happy! For the main course, I had a wonderful chunk of prime rib - so tender that I didn't need to use my teeth to chew it! He had fillet mignon that was equally tender. We finished off with a desert of Bailey's on the rocks. Yum! And, we both went to bed with a full tummy!


The picture is of a flower on a table in the bar of the Temecula Creek Inn.


No comments: