Saturday, August 2, 2008

T.H.I.S - Thank Heavens it's Saturday!


Yesterday was horrible. No - it was worse than horrible. I wish that it had never occured! But - it did. Sigh!


Mr. Indi got really sick in the afternoon. He hadn't been feeling well all day and took a nap after lunch but when he woke up, he was unable to stand up without feeling like he was going to keel over any minute. He was very pale and his skin was cool and clammy even though he said he was sweating. I got him to lie back down on the bed and elevated his feet above his head. He has had these nasty turns before - usually within a week or two of having the Lupron shot. In the past, his blood pressure has dropped and his pulse rate has shot up and I didn't need to get the BP machine out to know that this is what was happening again.


I put my nurse's hat on and went to work. I made some beef broth - with extra salt to get his blood pressure up - and got that down his neck. Then I went looking for Gatorade (a good source of electrolytes.) I found a couple of bottles in the garage fridge with sell-by date of May 30 - hmmmm - well that's not long gone and May 30 is the sell-by date NOT the drink-by date. And, after all, beggars can't be choosers! I took a swig and it wasn't bad so told his Lordship to start drinking it. After the Gatorade was gone - he started on ice water. By dinner time he was stable and felt well enough to come into the living room and lie on the couch. He ate a good sized plate of pasta for dinner and went to bed early.


While taking care of him, I was having my own problems. The spasms and pains in my throat have been getting more frequent and yesterday I was having a really hard time with it all - plus the bleeding has started up again! Grrrr. I hope it's the after affects of radiation and not something worse. I see Dr. K next Wednesday - fingers will be crossed.


While Mr. Indi was laying on the bed, being very ill - our next door neighbor got his leaf blower out and marched it up and down the driveway at full steam! I think his leaf blower has become part of his manhood. He likes it too much! When the leaf blower finally stopped - his dogs started barking! Ahhhhhhhh. No peace for the wicked is there?


Mr. Indi feels much better this morning and I'm doing OK. We might go for a drive later on - or we might not! Today's picture was taken on the rocks at Cardiff-by-the-Sea.

No comments: