Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ding - a - Ling!


Yesterday was somehow out of kilter - I never seemed to be operating on all cylinders. Mr. Indi was OK though - in fact doing quite well for most of the day. His mood was greatly enhanced by a nice long afternoon nap with snoring that reached ear-splitting levels. I sat on the porch and did some knitting while the roof rose up and down!


Earlier in the day, we went down to the World Market to get some ginger candies and bottled drink. I parked the car and, as I got out, the door swung wide open and bumped the side of the car parked next to me. It wasn't even 3 seconds later that the man who had been sitting in said car was standing directly in front of me and yelling that I had hit his car and caused the whole car to shake! We both looked at the side panel of his car and could see nothing - not a scratch - not a dent - nothing. He was getting irate and insisting that there had to be some damage! Whoa! Dude! Chill Out! Your car is not a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Sport (worth $2 million, by the way!) It's a regular old Ford SUV and - I hate to say this - when you park in a parking lot, you may get a few dings. Get over it! Pfft!


We bought a few extra bags of chewy ginger candy for the patients at the chemo center and swung by there to drop them off. I had my knitting with me and Trisha, the receptionist, was so pleased to see it. She is a lovely young lady of twenty something who has learned to knit recently and is loving it. I'm happy to see that the art of bodging away with the needles is being kept alive.


As long as we were in the neighborhood, I swung by Dr. K's office and asked Sharon for a hug. She is a very good hugger and I needed one. She gave me two - one to pass on to his Lordship.


Today's picture is one that I took a couple of weeks ago at the local plant center. I didn't buy any - just took pictures of them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Indi,

I'm surprised the old sod in the SUV didn't claim he was suffering from whiplash because of the "incident"

Glad you got two hugs (more is better)

cheers,
g a r

ipa said...

Hi g a r,

I'm waiting for an insurance claim to arrive on my doorstep!

The more hugs the better!