Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Perfect Cactus


Yesterday, I got up at about 4:30 a.m. - put the kettle on for a cup of cha and turned on the big tele to watch the early news. The first thing I saw was a traffic alert. A large tanker truck had overturned on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) and spilled it's contents - raw sewage - across all traffic lanes. What a shitty way to start the day!


Mr. Indi was feeling quite perky yesterday and went off to work at 0 dark thirty. He came home just after noon and we went out for a bite to eat. However, by about 3 p.m. his window of perkiness was closing down and he lay down for an hour and gave his snoring muscles a work out!


When Mr. Indi had his chemo treatment last Monday, it was supposed to be the last treatment in this series but Dr. J has decided to continue with this regimen to try and bring the PSA down further - so another dose of Cisplatin is scheduled for September 8th. The big problems with Cisplatin are; hearing loss and kidney damage. I have already seen that his Lordship is having some hearing problems and I hope that blood tests will detect any kidney problems that may be lurking. Worry, worry!


As I have said, I am enjoying the book "Devil in the White City" and I am now really interested in a chap named Frederick Law Olmsted. He was the landscape architect who designed the landscape for the Chicago World's Fair. (He also gave birth to New York's Central Park) While working on the fair, Olmsted became ill and took time off to recuperate in Europe. While in England, he said that he had never seen anything so beautiful as the English countryside but he couldn't abide by those childish formal gardens - I agree!


Today's picture is a mess! Well, actually it's a cactus in a courtyard at Mission San Luis Rey. I was playing with Paint Shop Pro and got carried away! I need to get a life!

No comments: