Wednesday, August 13, 2008

An Orphan Found


As I have mentioned before, I buy old photos from junk - err sorry - antique shops and try to find a surviving family member in order to reunite the lost photo with it's family. I have previously had one success story and now can claim another.


Yesterday I got an email from Bob in Oz who saw my message on Genealogy.com and believes that the photo of "Sister Ingleby" is, in all likelihood, his relative. How neat is that, then? I will send him a scanned copy today, and, if he is correct in his assumption, I will send the original to Oz. That will mean that this old picture (taken circa 1900) will have travelled from Stockton-on-Tees in England to an antique shop in Montana - where it was purchased by my daughter - to me in California - to Bob in Australia. Now, I only have about 50 more photos to go!


Yesterday, we went to the Wings place and we saw our friend and waitress, Carnelian. I am fascinated with her lovely name and had to ask her how she came by it. It seems that the name was chosen by her father and uncle from a passage in the book of Revelation in the Bible! When I got home, I looked it up and found that Carnelian is also a lovely red gem stone. This morning I woke up and the name Carnelian Room jumped into my brain and I remembered the restaurant at the top of the B of A building in San Fran with fabulous food and breathtaking views. So, Carnelian has some lovely connotations. More than can be said for India Pale Ale!


Mr. Indi is at work this morning but will be home at lunch time as he has an appointment with Dr, J this afternoon. The doc will lets us know, based on the latest blood tests, whether there is to be more chemo next Monday.


Today's picture is of the beautiful grapes in a vineyard in Temecula.



No comments: