Friday, August 22, 2008

Hey Jude!


Mr. Indi was up before the birds had even gone to bed yesterday, and off he went to the office. However, he called me at about 6 a.m. to say that he had started to flag and would be coming home in a little while. When I got back from the grocery store at 9:15, he had left a phone message to let me know that I should prepare for his imminent arrival! In other words - Put the kettle on!


Mr. Indi had an ulterior motive for leaving work early - he did not want to be charged with crimes against humanity! It seems that, once again, the chemo emissions are leaking out of his body! (OK - his bum) And he was afraid that the haz-mat team would soon show up and evacuate the building and douse everyone in foam. If he had been a coal miner, the canary would be toast! If he keeps it up - I might be toast!


A friend of mine, who has just lost a friend to cancer, has suggested that all the money spent on the Olympics would be better spent on cancer research and while I agree in theory - I really can't see getting rid of the Olympic Games - I think they are wonderful. I think it is marvelous to see countries who are sworn enemies compete on a neutral playing field. I also think it is great to see such great patriotism as has been shown even by little countries like Jamaica - isn't that Bolt amazing? Yes, I think much more should be spent on cancer research but what about all those other terrible diseases - Alzheimer's, MS, etc? Where does one start? sigh!


Today's picture is of St. Jude in the cemetery at the Mission San Luis Rey. Isn't he lovely? The bird's cute too!

No comments: