Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We're Just Kids!


Yesterday afternoon, the temperature reached 107F (42C) in my backyard and so we went down to the pizza parlor for an hour. It feels good to use someone else's air conditioning while sipping a cold beer.


I love the pizza parlor for a couple of reasons; a) The beer is cheaper than most places and the glasses are always clean! b) I love Brian. Brian is the owner of the Lamppost Pizza and Brewhouse and he is one of the nicest guys on the planet. After being absent from the pizza joint for several years, we started visiting again once or twice a week and are always happy to see Brian's lovely smile and twinkly eyes! There we go, me - old enough to be Brian's mother -hobbling along with my arthritis all flared up because of the heat and his Lordship - in all his white headed glory - weaving in and out of the benches as he struggles with his nausea and vertigo and Brian pops his head out from behind the counter and yells. "Hi Kids." I can't help but smile!


Mr. Indi is starting to come out of his chemo funk - the tummy is starting to quiet down and he has started to enjoy his food again. I BBQ'd steak last night (he needs red meat) and it was delish. He needs to go in for more blood tests next Tuesday and so we shall probably be having liver for our Labor Day dinner on Monday - hmm - I wonder if I could BBQ it and shove it in a bun and pretend it's hot dogs? Any suggestions?


Today's picture is of some beautiful oleanders in Temecula.

No comments: