Friday, August 15, 2008

It's All Rubbish!


Well, we had our liver dinner and it was delish. I had done some research earlier in the day and discovered that when eating foods high in iron e.g. liver, red meat, tuna, the iron is more easily absorbed by the body if the meal includes a green leafy vegetable - soooooo - off I went in search of green leafy veg. I found some lovely Swiss chard - the kind with the red veins - and steamed it for about 10 mins then chopped it up with a little margarine and pepper. The liver I cooked in the oven - covered with rashers of bacon - for about 20 mins. I then took the liver out and left the bacon in the oven for an extra 10 mins to cook up. I made yummy mashed potatoes and smothered everything in home made gravy. We finished our meal off with some delicious black plums. And, if that ain't healthy - I don't know what is!


So, today he goes for more blood tests and he is now so full of iron he is turning a delightful shade of rust!


I had a good giggle yesterday when I read in the BBC about a major blunder made by the City Council of my old home town, Birmingham, England. It seems that they put out a brochure regarding the city's rubbish recycling program. The brochure was very well done - most professional looking - with a picture of the Birmingham skyline at the top. The problem was that it was a picture of the skyline of Birmingham, Alabama! Doh! It's a good thing I got out of there when I did - I might be even dumber than I am now!


Today's picture is one I took yesterday of a pretty little miniature rose in a pot on the patio.

No comments: