Friday, April 25, 2008

What a Shocker!

Yesterday afternoon, while I was watering the front garden, I saw my neighbor coming down the street. I don't see her too often as she is unable to get about very well due to rheumatoid arthritis. She stopped and asked how I was and then told me that she was going to take a card to Dorothy who lives in the house at the end of the cul-de-sac as her husband, Barney, had died on Tuesday.
Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I couldn't believe it. Barney was one of the happiest people in the neighborhood. He always wore a smile. An avid gardener, he grew all his own vegetables and some stunning roses. When I was driving to my radiation therapy, I would see him every morning watering his front garden. He always waved and sometimes I would stop and chat (to the extent that I can chat with a trache) and he would wish me well. He and Dorothy had been married for over 40 years and had a beautiful home and lovely children and grandchildren.
He evidently had a dizzy spell one day last week. He fell and hit his head on the closet door and as he went down he crushed a vertebrae. They operated on him last Sunday but he never recovered.
I will miss Barney and his cheerful wave. Poor Dorothy.

2 comments:

¡ PASKIJONES !!! said...

Hi, cute Ipa muse!

My spanish ancestry impedes me to get the exact meaning your words transmit but by "choking spell" i sort of understand a phisical ordeal transfomed your speech into some kind of uncomprehensible mutter.

Be it as it may, i'll reconize an awesome bike bash which took place 17 years ago stole my speaking hability for some years and, 'though at the beginning i invested some effort in fonetic retrieval through speech therapy, after not many months i quit such boring torture and concentrated my effort in retrieving my fucked up anatomy.

The prize to that investment was regaining the balance i had also lost and my worldwide freedom as well. Thanks to that overcome conviction now i share my life and everything with my Muse Sandra, an angel who has accepted with no restrictions my original-sounding but perfectly comprehensible speech. Hope you forgive my epistolary diarrhoea but, a pity you can't unerstand spic, my website shows the awsome desease i suffer.

www.paskijones.net

Pasquinel Beltrán,
qyrblowing truthful love from spain

¡ PASKIJONES !!! said...

Oh yeah, i leave my email as a mean to stablish communication in case you wish to trnsmit some of your written magic to my screen, ok?

paskijones@paskijones.net

See ya' but muack!