Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Weekend Away - Friday

We arrived at San Clemente at about 3 p.m. on Friday afternoon. I did the driving as Mr. Indi is still a bit wobbly. I found the hotel without any problems and he checked into the office and soon came back with our room keys. Room 402.

I looked around and a fleeting thought crossed my mind......hmmmm......this hotel only has 3 floors. I wonder where room 402 is?

As we had quite a bit of luggage (trache care etc!) Mr. Indi got a luggage cart from the office and we loaded it up. I asked Mr. Indi if he knew where Room 402 was. Yes, he said.....we take the elevator to the 2nd. floor! Okie Dokie.

It took a good ten minutes to find the elevator but once inside I pressed Floor 2 and off we went. We arrived at Floor 2 and pulled the loaded cart out into a small lobby. Which way?......I dunno - he says. I make a quick perusal and see nothing that looks vaguely like a fourth floor. Get back in - I say. Room 402 must be off the 3rd floor. We repeated the exercise on the 3rd floor and I was not in the least bit surprised to find...NO ROOM 402.

Back down to second floor we trundle with our bags and baggage. Mr. Indi says he is sure that our room is off the second floor. I am sure that we have booked a room that doesn't exist! I leave Mr. Indi in the 2nd floor lobby and go for a reconnoiter. Lo and behold.....I find Room 402 nestled next door to the 2nd. Floor Conference Room! Huh!

When I booked the room on the web, I booked an upgraded room with an ocean view and I was pleased to see, once we found the blasted room, that it did, in fact, have an ocean view. If you looked carefully through the large picture window, you could see a sliver of the Pacific Ocean in between an auto body repair shop and a large apartment building! And, worth every penny!

After all that drama, I had to have a rest! Later in the evening we walked to a nearby Japanese Steak House and had a nice meal. ( I had some sauteed sea scallops) and then we walked down to the beach. A pleasant end to the day.

1 comment:

¡ PASKIJONES !!! said...

You preached :"Mr. Indi is still a bit wobbly". Woobly?! None of the dictionaries i use (2 cyber + 1 Collin's on ex-trees) have decided to ignore my lack of fluency. So, i wait for you in paskijones@paskijones.net before next century, ok?