Thursday, April 24, 2008

A New Taste Sensation!

When Mr. Indi and I quit smoking (2 years ago on May 1) we vowed to spend the money that we saved on something fun. Since that time we have been going out to lunch on a very regular basis and spending much more than we ever spent on the ciggies!
Yesterday, we tried the new Thai restaurant that has just opened in town. I can't say that I think much of the ambiance...lots of noise and, of course, people on their cell phones.....but the food was excellent. I still can't eat anything spicy because my throat is like a piece of ground meat so I had a very mild Thai Chicken Red Curry with coconut milk and pineapple. Mr. Indi had one of his favorites - Pad Thai. We shall be going back there very soon!
Some excitement on the cul-de-sac yesterday. The chap up the road (we call him Elvis - don't know his real name!) has had an old truck and an even older car parked in front of his house now for about 3-4 years. ( Our city ordinance forbids cars to be parked on city streets longer than 72 hours without moving.) Once in a while he would get the hose pipe out and spray the two heaps of junk...as though that was doing anything other than moving the dirt around!
Well, at about 9 a.m. a police car cruised up the road and parked in front of my neighbors house. She (female officer) sat there for ages and I couldn't figure out what she was up to. Finally, at about 10 a.m. 2 large tow trucks showed up and hauled both clunkers away. They made such a noise, I was sure that Elvis would come out and have a fit at the sight of his motors being confiscated....but no...not a peep. Today, I see that someone has placed a large trash can in the road where the cars used to live.....grrrrr....I expect Elvis is going to get his babies back and is saving a parking place for them...Argggg!
Mr. Indi is feeling much better today as the effects of the chemo start to wear off. He wants to get away for a couple of days so I have made reservations and we shall be at the beach this weekend.

No comments: